Saturday, October 3, 2009

Great New Find!

I just LOVE IT when I'm strolling through the isles of my local craft store and stumble upon a really cool item that I could use on my next layout. Take a gander @ this product find.
They are called "texture makers" and their intended use is for adding texture to clay projects, but my scrappers eye saw something else =)
The package comes with 2 different texture makers, both 5x7 in size. They are made of a very heavy polymer; therefore, never lose their shape and are extremely easy to clean - soap and water, no staining. Also, because they were made for clay projects the designs are cut deeply into the polymer making inking or painting a breeze! The only draw back I found is that they are not clear, but if you're using them to make background patterns being exact is not a necessity. And most exciting of all they were ON SALE, yes!
Using this weeks sketch #39 from 52 Sketches 52 Weeks, I created this layout using the "texture makers".

A few close ups showing the background...



Thanks so much for stopping by!
God Bless & Happy Creating!

2 comments:

Stacy Milford said...

what a cool technique! TFS!

Lisa said...

That is sooo cool! I have no idea how I stumbled upon your blog, but I'm so glad I did. I see we have one blog friend in common...Stacy Milford. I'll be back to visit again!