Monday, February 26, 2007

A Letter Addressed to God

My hubby forwarded me this really precious story today - just had to share with yawl...



A letter written in a childish scrawl came to the post office addressed to "God". A postal employee, not knowing exactly what to do with the letter, opened it and read: "Dear God, my name is Jimmy. I am 6 years old. My father is dead and my Mom is having a hard time raising me and my sister. Would you please send us $500?" The postal employee was very touched. He showed the letter to his fellow workers and they all decided to kick in a few dollars each and send it to the family. They were able to raise $300. A couple of weeks later the same post office received a second letter addressed to God. The boy thanked God for the recent infusion of cash, but ended with this request: "Next time would you please send the money directly to us. If you send it through the post office they deduct $200."

Before I go...
Just a quick challenge - List 5 things that made you smile this past weekend!

1. Hearing Mom sing with her trio (wow it had been years since I'd heard that beautiful sound)
2. Having my hubby see that I was stressed and taking the initiative to vacuum and do dishes for me.
3. Singing with the Praise band
4. Watching Ethan and Matthew jump around, laughing and screaming as they played Mario Smash Brothers "together"
5. Getting to have a Date Night with my hubby (thanks mom!!)

So now that you've read mine, take just a moment to reflect on your weekend and smile!

2 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Cute story! And thanks for the quick challenge. I'll go back and post is on my blog.

Unknown said...

that's a wonderful story!!!

will do the challenge later!!!